CER 851+ HS HYBRID IRONS
The CER 851+ HS Hybrid Irons are so good, we just had to give them their own page. Sold as part of the CER851+ HS set, the feedback from golfers has been tremendous. This hybrid design is a true iron hybrid design because it has a flat face. The low profile face and wide sole help keep the center of gravity low and rearward making it much easier to get the ball airborne. The sole is the thickest part of the hollow design, keeping the cg as low as possible. The hollow design increases the Moment of Inertia (resistance to twisting) providing a high degree of forgiveness. The offset hosel design moves the cg even farther back for stability and helps improve accuracy. The slightly front to back cambered wide sole and rounded leading edge prevents digging and glides over the turf for a more solid contact. All of these features add up to longer, higher and straighter shots from those intimidating long iron distances.
- Low profile, hollow, wide sole design in the 3 and 4 hybrids are much easier to hit than traditional long irons
- The progressive wide sole design helps place more mass low in the hybrids and mid irons helping get the ball airborne, optimizing trajectory and distance
- Progressive offset design has increased offset in the hybrids to improve accuracy
- Low center of gravity provides an extremely solid feel
- Wide sole design in the hybrids and the 3° of bounce in the 5 thru 9 iron helps prevent digging
- Slightly longer blade length increases the moment of inertia, increasing forgiveness on off-center hits
- Shorter hosel design lowers the center of gravity and moves more weight to the perimeter enhancing the game improvement features
- Manufactured from heat treated 431 stainless steel
- Available in 3 and 4 hybrids, 5,6 and 7 hollow irons and 8 thru 9, PW, GW and SW in undercut cavity
- Recommended ferrule – 52PI
- Product Code = CE0018
Overall Rating: Write an online review
and share your thoughts with other customersSort Reviews: Newest
| Highest Rating
| Lowest Rating
- Sunday, August 08, 2010
Great starter set
Reviewed By: Mark Kellner
I am your average size 40 plus yrs old golfer, who plays a few times a month. Had a set from a discount store for years and upgraded to the combo pak CER 851HS Hybrid set with oil soaked PW and LW. I have added distance to my hits and lowered my score which made the game fun again. Good solid feel when striked on the sweet spot. Hybrids 3/4 are great for getting out of trouble with the graphite shafts makes them easy to swing. Great price for a quality set.
- Tuesday, August 07, 2007
Full 851 + HS Iron Review
Reviewed By: Adam Q
Just had these irons put together for me, the entire set, 3 Hybrid to GW. They have a really nice feel to them, with strong contact, and in my experience go very straight. I've had very few miss hits, and I am a high handicap.
The gradual transition from hybrid to cavity back makes these very easy to hit. I am no longer afraid to take out my 4 or 5 iron and hit it, as I have just as much confidence with my lows irons and hybrids as I have with my PW.
- Wednesday, July 04, 2007
Reviewed By: Matt Bates
I built the 3 and 4 hybrids using a CER FW70 shaft. I've never played a hybrid before, and these are amazing. I usually have a problem with closing the clubface on my irons, but I've yet to have a bad shot with these. They feel great on contact and go dead straight. I'd highly recommend them to anyone.Read More Reviews